>Home

Sunday, March 26, 2006

defy 9.81 metre per second squared

It has been 4 years since I last been to Boulderactive.
In 2002 I was a competitor; in 2006 I'm an event official. -_-"

This year's Boulderactive bouldering competition was held at Atrium@Orchard, right between Plaza Singapura and Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. The choice of location did attract lots of attention from the public, who just stayed glued to the exciting actions on the walls.

I only helped out yesterday, which was the day for all the qualifying rounds. Being so close to the walls and the actions made my palms and feet sweat throughout the whole day and I thought I should have brought along my chalkbag. Saw a lot of powerful climbers competing, our very own teamNUS, Zaki, Spider, and many others whom I've met at SAFRA Yishun. And yes, the naughty kids from First Toa Payoh Sec. Off the wall I was quite delighted to see Meder, Weeli's father Uncle Gin, and Liren, joining in the excitement as spectators.

Dating back to one week ago, Jensen, Youjie and I already felt quite uneasy that we were the only non-team-non-committee members helping out in the event. In Jensen's words, 3 small cats. I felt slightly more uneasy yesterday. Originally Kevin put us as F1 team, but that seemed to require a lot of coordination between us and the team members. We looked totally out of place when we were inside the mat, trying to help but not knowing where to help. Well at least we weren't slacking. We did help elsewhere, the administrative part.

Throughout the day Youjie and I occasionally bitched about the year 1 committee members. They were simply slacking! To me, their very existence in the committee is purely for CCA points, as I hardly see them climbing in the gym. Their slacking also indicated a surplus of manpower, as expressed by Kesheng as well. Well well, why am I getting so worked up over the year 1 committee members? Cos we were busy like hell while they shaked leg! But Kevin the chairman was really appreciative of us! Nice guy as always, worthy of my belay! =P

Ok, enough of Boulderactive 2006, before I have to resort to chalking my palms at home...



5 Comments:

  • mayb u shld join as a competitor again... *grin*

    B/n PS and Dhoby MRT, did you say? well... I was somewhere underneath.

    By Blogger tstar, at 3/26/2006 11:06:00 PM  

  • no thanks, my flame has been switched to simmer mode.

    Even if you connect a nuclear power plant to me also won't help.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 3/26/2006 11:15:00 PM  

  • I'm quite sure its "Gin" and not "Gene". =P

    You dun need nuclear power... haha, you just need abit more .... oil??? :P

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 3/27/2006 09:09:00 AM  

  • hahaha!
    thanks for the correction, Alex!

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 3/27/2006 10:40:00 AM  

  • hmm.. no need nuclear power la.. all it needs is just a small flame.. coupled by a little bit of oil.. or maybe a catalyst.. hahaha..

    it's all up to u.. well.. im slowly reverting back to dancing again.. maybe hip hop and salsa.. two different genres.. hahahhaa..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 3/27/2006 02:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker