>Home

Sunday, February 19, 2006

fun with atc-xp

In case you are wondering, ATC-XP is not the latest operating system by Macrohard. It is the latest variable friction belaying device by Black Diamond. Not the usual timing but today I climbed with Nicholl and Meder in the afternoon.

Lead-climbed lane 1 white as warm-up (and it was drizzling during my climb, made the holds slippery for me. Both of them lucky baskets), then the two freaks dragged me to lead-climb inclined red! It has been close to 2 months since I last climbed, so can forget about having any form. Nevertheless made it to the top after having... 5 rest? Lastly did lane 5 white up and down for endurance.

Nicholl was calling Meder "super-soaker" cos his perspiration soaked the rope. Wonder what it is like when someone lead-climbs and bites the rope with his/her teeth. -_-" Meder can clear lane 3 blue with ease! That makes me kinda sad about myself, can't accomplish anything, or in Meder's new-learned words, cannot make it.

Well well... ATC-XP is cool, the user can easily lock the rope by pulling the rope against the teeth of the device. However I find the feeding not that smooth compared to the ATC. *shrugs*, what can I say, some people still use figure-of-8, some use stitch plate, guess it's all personal preference. But if you don't already have an ATC, go for the ATC-XP.



2 Comments:

  • dude, I am sure you can clear the fricking blue lane, just need to come to yishun more often :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/19/2006 11:56:00 PM  

  • haha hopefully, but like I said I can only come regularly after I have graduated. I'm not money printing machine like all of you...

    thoughts of the climb: when I was doing the inclined red I really feel like giving up, and was telling myself I don't want to do rock climbing anymore, bouldering is so much simpler... cos I was like hanging up there going nowhere. Hanging on the harness also make me feel like vomitting... WELL, at least I've overcomed it a bit, thanks to Meder and Nicholl for the negative encouragement. =P

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 2/20/2006 08:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker