>Home

Monday, March 06, 2006

or otherwise

A few days ago I saw this group of kids playing soccer at the badminton court near my place, with that sign that doesn't say no soccer but well, it tries to mean that. (could have been a big marble, who knows)

I pan my head 90 degrees in the anti-clockwise direction and saw 2 cars parked on the path that says "NO PARKING".

Today, I was crossing a T-junction when a car whizzed past in front of me. I looked down and saw the word "STOP" painted on the tar. Obviously I did stop, but the word wasn't meant for me... unless I twisted my head 90 degrees.

So next time, when you see no-smoking sign, smoke to your pleasure; when you see no-fishing sign, bring a fishing net; when you take public transport, bring a hamburger and one large size coke (that's what is shown in the sign anyway, other food N/A)

So who says otherwise is unwise? Everyone is doing otherwise...



2 Comments:

  • nice nice... very nice.
    Entry, I mean.
    Very true too.
    Maybe the "no eating" sign meant a burger and a large size ice lemon tea. Or maybe it's just a round window which was broken with a huge plaster over it. Ok, out of point.

    Reminds me of the no smoking law at bus stops. Can't smoke at bus stop, so what to do? Smoke 1 metre away from bus stop. Sometimes it's 50cm away. Quite funny actually.

    Oh is that "no durians" sign still up? Or am I living in the past?

    By Blogger tstar, at 3/06/2006 06:36:00 PM  

  • at the bus stop near my place, there is this newstand owner who smokes IN the bus stop... then he will throw the butt onto the road after finishing his smoke..

    I think the no-durian sign is still around... more prominent on SMRT buses.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 3/06/2006 08:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker